maanantai 2. helmikuuta 2015

Year 2014 in ROCKHOLIC

Hi and so sorry for being so silent lately. I am organizing stuff for my both blogs and hope I can start to roll both of these better and as soon as possible.

It have been 2015 on for a while already but let's take a quick look about year 2014. This year I wasn't going for gigs so much as before, this year I went for as many gigs as I usually do in two or three months. Such a shame! It was really hard and bad year for me, I am very happy it's finally over.
I wanted to go here and there to see my favorite bands, but I couldn't do it as I wasn't able to travel because of my health issues. At the moment I am so sad and pissed off because my back problems ruined most of my year ... but I think I also learnt a lot from all things what happened and I hope I am little bit more wise now.
I think you must deal with all shit before you can move on. Accept everything what happened and instead of hating - learn something!
Luckily I got a great ending for the year 2014, as being a part of Hobbit Fan Contest-competition winners (my friend won and I got to be her plus one!) and I also start to see lots of exciting tours for 2015. :)


Anyway, 2014 - show us what you got!
It was super hard to choose just three options in every question, so in some I let myself to add one + - Because I really couldn't let it out of the list. Most of all the gigs what I saw were excellent and super awesome, which why it was super hard to choose top three. But no matter which questions, I could answer at least 10 bands/members/songs/etc. but these ones are the ones which first came to my mind.
But you can pretty easily see, which bands and music styles were my favorites. Though nowadays I don't listen so much ''just something'' or anything what I don't really like. I am also a bit bored to find new bands so I just stay listening the ones who I like and if there come some good new band what I like then I start to listen it. But I am not searching and craving for new bands like I maybe did before. Actually it would be a good thing if I wouldn't like any more bands, it's enough hard for now to plan where to go for gigs and so on. :D But I must say sometimes I need a break from some genres - it happen sometimes. Sometimes I need something totally fresh and forgot one genre for a while - just to find it again and when it sounds interesting again. I'm also not so into just one genre anymore, there were times when one special genre were more popular than other ones. Now I have found my favorites from different genres and I think these are fine. Some kind of balance between all the genres.


The best bands - Top 3 ;

1. Rob Zombie
2. Wednesday 13
3. Profane Omen

I didn't have a chance to see Zombie or W13 at all in 2014 - even both were touring in Europe. :( Anyway I listen them a lot during the year and they are part of the stuff/people who kept me in (some kind of) sense during the year and made me want to not give-up.
Profane Omen I saw in april for their own gig and in Nummirock. I have been in their huge fan from 2007 and they never, never disappoint me. I didn't realize how much I missed them before I saw them on the gig again! Their music, gigs and the guys themselves are always super awesome. And they always make me so happy!


The best male singers/artists - Top 3 ;

1. Corey Taylor - Slipknot
2. Chris Motionless - Motionless In White
3. Oliver Sykes - Bring Me The Horizon
+ Jamie Anderson - Sister


The best female singers/artists - Top 3 ;

1. Liv Sin Jagrell - Sister Sin
2. Alissa White-Gluz - Arch Enemy
3. Taylor Momsen - The Pretty Reckless


The best new bands in 2014 - Top 3 ;

1. Motionless In White
2. In This Moment
3. Chrome Division

Yes, all of these bands are definitely not new bands. But this year they really hit me! Not literally, haha. This year I fell in deep love with all of them. There are not so many new or "new" bands anymore, who could wake-up this flame inside of me and make me love them. But these bands did!
In my opinion MIW's latest album is definitely the best from them, there's no any weak songs, it's just a beautiful and strong album. And what I have seen about their live performances, they rock super much!!
In This Moment I have know for a while too, but I wasn't so into them in the beginning. It felt like there were something in their music which annoy me a bit. Don't know for sure what was it, but when I heard Big Bad Wolf first time I was like "oh my God yessss!". I like female singers with strong, unique voices and metal with industrial vibes. Which makes ITM in my eyes good of course!
I saw and heard about Chrome Division first time before Nummirock, I knew them somehow just a Shagrath's side-project but oh my Gaaad! Filthy, catchy rock'n'roll! There's nothing better in world than honest badass rock'n'roll, and Chrome Division play that kind of music. Here, take my heart, it's all yours!


The best albums - Top 3 ;

1. Slipknot - .5: The Grey Chapter
2. Deathstars - The Perfect Cult
3. Motionless In White - Reincarnate
+ Sister - Disguised Vultures

I think all of these three albums were the albums, which don't have any bad or boring songs (we all know that there is almost always these good albums which don't have bad songs - but all of them are not as strong and brilliant as the rest of the album). Pure perfection from the start to the end! Specially new Slipknot album is just huge masterpiece!! When it was released I listen only that one for a week - non-stop and nothing else. It's perfection.
And I must give a special shout out to Sister. I have liked a lot of all their EPs and albums but this newest one is definitely the best one from them. Very united, strong album which all songs are pure awesomeness and would sound brilliant at live.


The best songs - Top 3 ;

1. Slipknot - Custer
2. Motionless In White - Final Dictvm feat. Tim Skold
3. Skid Row - We Are The Damned
+ Sister Sin - Count Me Out
+ Sister - Dmn

This was so hard and I would love to add more and more, but I needed to stop at some point lol!


The best music videos - Top 3 ;

I like the most very artistic videos where are some nice, scary story and they are visually very catchy, beautiful and simply awesome. And all of these definitely are like that!

1. Slipknot - The Devil In I


2. Sister Sin - Chaos Royale


3. Motionless In White - Reincarnate


+ In This Moment - Big Bad Wolf 


+ Deathstars - All the Devil Toys



The best gigs - Top 3 ;

1. Bring Me The Horizon - Tuska Open Air, Finland
2. Profane Omen - Nummirock, Finland
3. Deathstars - Klubi Tampere, Finland
+ Skid Row - Getaway Rock Festival, Sweden
+ London After Midnight - Tavastia, Finland


The best festival ;

Wacken Open Air, Germany


The best gig/concert place ;

I didn't go so many gigs but I think I visited the most often at Tavastia, which is ok.


The best merch-product ;

I like the most of legendary band shirts - they are just awesome. I bought for example Chrome Division shirt which backside is hilarious ; "Every time I have sex with my boyfriend I think about Chrome Division guys." And I like a lot of my Bring Me The Horizon's Sempiternal-shirt too!




The best / favorites gig photos in 2014 ;

Dimmu Borgir at Getaway Rock Festival, Sweden

Apulanta at Tavastia, Finland

London After Midnight at Tavastia, Finland

Deathstars at Klubi, Finland

Bring Me The Horizon at Wacken Open Air, Germany

Michael Monroe at Getaway Rock Festival, Sweden

Bullet For My Valentine at The Circus, Finland

Bring Me The Horizon at Tuska Open Air, Finland

DORO ar Getaway Rock Festival, Sweden

Profane Omen at Nosturi, Finland

Dimmu Borgir at Tuska Open Air, Finland

Bring Me The Horizon at Wacken Open Air, Germany

Bullet For My Valentine at The Circus, Finland

DORO at Getaway Rock Festival, Sweden

Bring Me The Horizon at Tuska Open Air, Finland

Dimmu Borgir at Getaway Rock Festival, Germany

Bring Me The Horizon at Wacken Open Air, Germany

Profane Omen at Nosturi, Finland

Dimmu Borgir at Tuska Open Air, Finland


That was 2014 in a nutshell. Rock on!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti